When I started writing Jesus For You it was to be a short Lent devotional for the church I pastor—a reflection on Jesus’ Passion Week, his substitution and sacrifice for you. The devotional turned into a book, but it still functions as a guide to reflection and repentance, and (hopefully) gives you new eyes to see an old story.
Here are some tips on how to read Jesus For You during Lent:
- Lent this year starts on February 26th and ends on April 9th
- Read it with your small group or spouse
- Consider fasting from social media or Netflix (or something else) and with that additional hour or so, commit to reading, prayer, and reflection.
- Read the Introduction prior to February 26th and pray that God would meet you in a fresh way during this season of Lent
- Read a chapter or two a week (chapters 1-8), meditating on the verse at the end of each chapter, considering the reflection questions, and praying the written prayer out loud.
- Read the last chapter (The Finish: Victim & Victor) on April 11th, exciting your heart for Easter Sunday!
However you choose to observe Lent, I hope and pray it blesses you and draws you closer to Jesus.
I would love to hear from you as you walk through the book during this Lent season. Email me jim [at] theparadoxchurch.com